Why Interview & Hire During the Holidays?
The holiday season is upon us and while things may slow down, hiring is fairly steady throughout the year in the senior living and long-term care industries. Landing good talent is a 24/7/365 task. Make this holiday season work to your advantage.
Check out these 5 reasons why you should keep interviewing and hiring alive and well during the holiday season:
- Fresh Start to New Year. The end of the year tends to bring the promise of a new year and new start. Many industry professionals are reconsidering their career goals and direction during this time. Strike while the iron is hot. Catch industry talent as they look for a fresh start or even a new location.
- Candidates Have More Time. Typically, job seekers have a bit more breathing room during this time of year. They’re schedules are usually more flexible, and they may be able to schedule interviews during the days and times that they normally couldn’t.
- No Rushing Through Interviews. Leaders and teams are usually in more relaxed moods around the holidays. Chances are good for better and more meaningful conversations with candidates. More in-depth conversations help hiring managers to know if there’s a match sooner rather than later.
- More Time for Transition. Any new hires will have additional time to make the transition from one job to the next. Plus, there’s more time to settle in. The additional time will help them to hit the ground running in the new year.
- Good Month to Connect with Recruiters. If you don’t have relationships with any senior living or long-term care recruiters in the industry, December is a great time to contact with one. Just make sure you work with a reputable search firm that is well-established and respected in our industry. Recruiters can present perm and interim candidates that might not be found anywhere else.
ABOUT JULIE RUPENSKI
Julie Rupenski is the Founder & CEO of MedBest Recruiting. Since opening its doors in 2001, Julie has grown MedBest into an award winning, multimillion-dollar national firm, garnering impressive awards including INC 5000 2021 and Tampa Bay Fast 50 2021! This year, Julie was named as one of the “Top 100 Women Leaders in Tampa 2022″ by Women We Admire.
MedBest has gained national recognition due to Julie’s industry expertise and high level of success. Julie has an in-depth knowledge of the senior living industry. She previously worked in operations for both senior housing and senior living prior to founding MedBest. Today, Julie and her industry-savvy team of recruiters, make it their mission to place exceptional industry executives in senior living positions where they have the greatest impact.
Julie’s industry articles and interviews have been published in Provider Magazine, Argentum Quarterly, LeadingAge Magazine, McKnight’s Senior Living, Florida Senior Living Association, Florida Health Care Association, Florida Assisted Living Association, LeadingAge Florida, LeadingAge Indiana, LeadingAge Oregon, Virginia Assisted Living Association and the Pennsylvania Health Care Association.
Julie earned her degree in Gerontology at the University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida and continues to cultivate her career through senior living conferences, forums, trade shows, and expos.
MedBest is an award-winning national Executive Search Firm exclusive to the Senior Living Industry. For more than two decades, we have connected senior living organizations with exceptional senior living executive talent for both permanent and interim roles. MedBest was named as one of American’s top companies by Inc.5000 plus we are a Tampa Fast 50 Company!
Visited 119 Times, 1 Visit today