Dan WilliamsPresident & COO Seasons Living
“There’s a lot of choices out there when it comes to search firms but I’ve always gone back to Julie Rupenski and MedBest...
Stuart CharlsonPresident Consulting Firm
Julie and her team have an excellent reputation and it has been a pleasure to do business with her and the organization.
Meranda BuckMDS Coordinator
Gil was a great help when helping me find an MDS position.
Filling Director of Nursing and
Nurse Leadership Positions
Nurse Leaders within the Senior Living Industry play a vital role in the way a facility functions. There is a correlation between strong Nurse Leadership and a strong team, quality and safety of resident care, and understanding of how to incorporate an organization's strategies for success.
At MedBest, we work tirelessly to ensure that we place the right candidate in a Nurse Leadership position based on skill sets, past experience, qualifications, traits, and personality to ensure long-term success.
"I was familiar with MedBest due to their good reputation in the senior living industry, so when I was ready to make a job change, I reached out to MedBest and Christina Johnson. Christina was prompt in returning my calls and very honest and thorough throughout the process. There were no surprises along the way plus she kept me abreast of the details and progress during my job search. In addition, she worked with me to ensure a smooth transition to my next position.
If I had to compare MedBest and Christina to other recruiters, I would say they are much better. I would recommend MedBest to other job seekers."
– Cookie Salter, Director of Nursing
"My new job is going great! Couldn't be a better fit ! I am so happy I'm here! This would have never happened without Gil at MedBest!"
- Michelle Baker,Director of Nursing, Gallatin Healthcare Center, Gallatin, TN
Nurse Leaders within the
Senior Living Industry
When searching for a talented and experienced Nurse to fill a Nurse Leadership role, whether perm or interim, we screen potential nurses for many different skills, past experience, traits, personality factors, licenses, and certifications to ensure that they will be able to lead in these critical positions.
Filling Nurse Leadership positions present their own unique set of challenges and demands, making the finding of the perfect match that much more important for continued success. No executive recruiting firm understands this more than MedBest. Remember, we are Senior Living executives placing executives. Your business has been our business for decades.
An exceptional Nurse Leader and their staff will display the perfect balance between compassion and business. Some essential traits of a Nurse Leader include:
- Teamwork Oriented
- Ability to Coach & Mentor
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Critical Thinking
- Expert Communicator
- Poise under Pressure
- Balancing Business Management and Quality Care
- Open Friendliness
In addition to the above traits, here are some skills we look for during our recruitment process:
- Strong Clinical Knowledge
- Previous Nurse Leadership and Director of Nursing Experience in Senior Care Setting
- Regulatory Knowledge and Positive Survey Outcomes: Rigorous License Recertification Standards
- Experience with P & P Implementation
- Team Building and Mentoring
- Ability to Follow Through
- Strong Tenure
MedBest has successfully filled these Nurse Leadership roles:
- Director of Nursing
- Vice President of Clinical Services
- Assistant Director of Nursing
- Infection Preventionist
- MDS Coordinator: Risk Manager, Resident Care Director
- Staff Development Coordinator
- Wellness Nurse
- Regional Nurse Consultant
- Clinical Consultant
- Interim Director of Nursing
- Interim MDS Coordinator
- Interim Resident Care Director/Wellness Director
Why MedBest Recruiting Is Different
A candidate could look like the perfect fit for a position on paper, with all of the right skills, traits, licenses, and qualifications required – but personality can make or break a team culture. At MedBest, we understand that candidates are not two-dimensional figures that can be hired based on just facts and statistics, which is why we take the time to prescreen and thoroughly interview potential employees. In fact, because of our screening process, the average MedBest client will only conduct two interviews before making an offer. This not only saves you and your business money, but also valuable time.
- Our MedBest Advantage package is a twenty five-step process of research, recruitment, retention.
- Our MedBest Premium package encompasses Medbest Advantage but incorporates a science based personality DISC assessment. Matching candidates with a company’s culture, DISC has proved itself time and time again with a 92% retention rate when fully implemented.
Since our inception in 2001, we understand how important it is to have the right team leading a long term care setting. Let us match your organization with the right Nurse Leadership candidates.