3114 SW Ridge Drive | Portland, OR 97219
503.997.1614 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales & Marketing Professional
Results-driven and dynamic professional with extensive sales management and training, business development, account management, and marketing experience. Proven track record of capturing opportunities and generating new business with effective and creative sales and marketing strategies. Adept at implementing processes and procedures that increase productivity, enhance efficiency, and drive profitability. Resourceful and killed at finding solutions that ensure security, integrity, and utilization of resources. Takes on new challenges with great tenacity and flexibility. Performs well under pressure.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Staff Motivation
· Sales and Sales Training
· Budget Management
· Team Building
· Project Management
· Business Development
· Account Management
SELECTED CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Maintained 98-100% occupancy from June 2014 through present.
Exceeded 2010 actual revenue from previous year by over 20% and exceeded 2010 revenue goal by 10%.
Increased number of participating vendors to a net 80% within Oregon region since 2008.
Exceeded year 2006 net membership goal by 35% (largest net gain since year 2000).
Spear-headed a major marketing project, organizing a collaboration of efforts, personally developing 90% of ad copy.
Increased memberships from 1,900 to 2,600 over five-years through effective sales techniques and creative marketing.
Effectively converted over 85% of club members to a new club membership within the first 90-day period of new position within the company.
Awarded the Peak Performance Award for Invaluable Leadership and Contributions (year 2000).
Achieved year 2000 revenue goal by 10% and net gain membership goal by 12%; Exceeded year 2000 1st quarter goal of membership sales revenue by 35%; Exceeded membership sale revenue goal by 10% in 1999.
COURTYARD VILLAGE AT RALEIGH HILLS, LLC | PORTLAND, OR 2011 – Present
· Responsible for every aspect of the day to day operations of a large active independent senior living community.
· Directly manage and provide ongoing support to 7 department managers: Marketing/Sales, Activities, Operations/Business Office, Maintenance, Housekeeping, Kitchen/Dining, Front Desk, and approx.. 40 employees.
· Recruit, hire, evaluate performance, discipline, and promote (or terminate) employees on an ongoing basis.
· Re-branded, created logo and updated marketing materials, brochures, and website with video testimonials/”living history” of residents.
· Responsible for all on-going marketing and sales efforts, including creating print ads, direct mail campaigns, and sales tracking systems.
· Work closely in partnership with Activities, Marketing/Sales, and Kitchen/Dining to host events, dinner parties, and other activities to attract and nurture prospective residents.
· Promote a culture that develops genuine and caring relationships with residents, family, friends, and staff.
· Enforce culture of giving residents what they want with an open door policy and a transparent communication style.
· Well-versed in HUD REAC inspections and correcting deficiencies. Developed a strategy and tracking system for both maintenance and housekeeping departments to be proactive to look for, report, and repair deficiencies.
· Work directly with vendors (Floor Factors, Precision Countertops, Westside Electric, Paramount Plumbing, etc.), reviewing and accepting proposals of various remodeling or unique projects outside of apartment maintenance.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL PROPERTY | PORTLAND, OR 2011 – Present
· Performs all functions of property management of residential and short term (vacation) rental property: marketing (Trulia, Zillow, craigslist, VRBO, and Airbnb), process applications and select tenants, repair or manage repairs with select vendors (i.e., electricians, plumbers, etc.), maintain necessary yard and landscaping duties and hire out as deemed necessary, update and remodel (or manage sub-contractors) to attract and retain long term tenants and short term vacation renters.
· Financial management of both accounts receivable and accounts payable.
PASSPORT UNLIMITED | KIRKLAND, WA 2008 – 2011
Corporate Programs Manager
· Worked independently creating and managing various aspects of employee perk programs for (Corporate Partners): Microsoft, Intel, Yahoo!, HP, Weyerhaeuser, Oracle, Genentech, and many other corporations.
· Researched, selected, and called on prospective companies who fit vendor profiles for Corporate Partners.
· Communicated program details and benefits to prospective businesses who desire to promote an exclusive discount directly to the employees of the Corporate Partners.
· Created and managed ads and special promotions for all participating vendors (both regional and national).
· Conducted corporate on-sites at Intel promoting both the perk program and participating vendors.
RIVERPLACE ATHLETIC CLUB | portland, or 2005 – 2008 & 1996 – 2001
Director of Membership and Marketing, 2005 – 2008
· Responsible for the sales and marketing budget and hiring, training, and managing Member Service Representatives.
· Played a significant role within the Oregon Athletic Clubs’ Management Team and club owners collaborating efforts regarding overall marketing, branding, member referral, and retention programs.
· Created, developed, implemented, and evaluated sales and marketing strategies to increase membership and retain members. Advertising medium included Oregonian, direct mail, TV, print ads, and radio.
· Effectively utilized member management software specific to the fitness industry.
Marketing and Sales Director, 1996 – 2001
· Responsible for the annual sales and marketing budget and hired, trained and managed Member Service Representatives.
· Developed corporate accounts and convinced companies to subsidize memberships for employees.
· Created, implemented, and evaluated marketing campaigns such as inside/outside advertising, referral programs, and member retention programs.
· Developed the Membership Department’s sales manual, a daily tracking system of prospective/new members, and weekly, monthly, and annual productivity/tracking reports.
· Effectively utilized database software applications (ACT!) used for client prospecting and database management.
NORTHWEST FITNESS COMPLEX, DBA WELLNESS MATTERS | HILLSBORO, OR 2004 – 2005
Assistant General Manager
· Developed staff for wellness and fitness facility, and created and implemented strategies and cross-promotional programs to increase membership and wellness clients.
· Managed project to increase departmental revenue which involved individual financial monthly goals, strategies to meet or exceed those goals, incentives, and staff evaluations to determine strengths and weaknesses.
· Served on the education committee for Lighten Up Forest Grove with Tuality Healthcare and Pacific University, collaborating efforts to provide health, fitness, and wellness information for teams of individuals.
parkplace athletic club / griffith park family ymca | beaverton, or 2002 – 2004
General Manager / Associate Executive Director
· Worked closely with building owner/operator to create and implement marketing and sales strategies to effectively grow the membership base to a comfortable capacity.
· Collaborated effectively with each department to identify growth opportunities and areas to decrease expenses.
· Developed a Board of Management for Griffith Park/Westside Family YMCA and fund-raising campaign for the facility ($80,000 goal over a 5-month period).
· Responsible for the budget and staff management of Westside Family YMCA, the Forest Grove Community Center, and the Van Raden Center.
· Achieved a 13% net membership gain in 2003; Exceeded a budgeted 30% net membership gain 1st quarter 2004.
Admissions Representative | Western Culinary Institute | Portland, OR 2002
Project Manager | Caring Dental Northwest! | Portland, OR 2001
Director of Marketing and Development | Juice World, Inc., dba Islanders Juice Company | Portland, OR 1995
Sales Representative | Nu-Dimension Beauty Supply | beaverton, or 1994 – 1995
B.S., Marketing/Finance, College of Business Administration, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon
- 1986 - 1990
BS Marketing & Finance at University of Oregon