Website MedBest Recruiting
Seeking qualified candidates for an excellent opportunity to join Franciscan Ministries, based in Lemont, Illinois, as their next Chief Operation Officer.
The Chief Operating Officer plays a key role in the execution of our strategy to not only be a leading provider of senior living services in each marketplace Franciscan Ministries serves, but to play a role in the transformation of the industry. Particularly in these times, the consumer is demanding a different product than the sector provides today. We are seeking a dynamic leader with an authentic passion for making an impact, a curiosity to seek out what the future consumer desires and the ability and drive to bring those ideas to life.
The ideal candidate will bring a track record of integrity, operational excellence and ability to work with and through people to accomplish lofty goals. You will have an autonomous platform to create your ideal workflow and ability to bring big ideas and innovation to an industry needing change. In addition to the oversight of the existing portfolio of senior living services, you will play in integral role in the growth of the ministry. A proven history of development experience is desired.
● Executive Directors of each campus, VP Communications and Brand Strategy, VP Clinical Services, AVP Marketing & Sales
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer, interacting daily with the Executive Leadership team, various stakeholders and Leadership staff in the field.
Key Attributes & Responsibilities
● Lead by example
● Oversee all operations and fiscal responsibility of the Obligated Group, drives operational excellence
● Development of strategy for ongoing success
● Key part of the development team who works with clients to bring their vision to fruition
● Communicates a compelling and inspired vision; Ensuring the mission and values of the ministry is carried out, as well as ensuring compliance with the Ethical and Religious Directives for
Catholic Health Care Services
● Ability to hold others accountable for operational excellence and fiscal accountability
● Is widely trusted and seen as a direct, truthful individual
● Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; empowers others; invites input from others and shares
ownership and visibility
● Drives for results; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently a top performer; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
● Strategically driven
● Sense of humor
● Action oriented and enjoys working hard and is full of energy for the things seen as challenging; seizes opportunities
Key Competencies and Qualifications:
In addition to significant experience in the industry, the ideal candidate will show exceptional business aptitude, strategic thinking and creative abilities that reflect a unique understanding of the sector and the clients we serve.
Ideal candidates will have:
● 10+ years of progressive experience in the field, including multi-site experience
● Strong executive presence with the ability to mentor and develop new leaders
● High degree of integrity
● Strong communicator and influencer capable of managing and leading change
● Ability to multi-task and is able to prioritize projects and deadlines concurrently
● Master’s Degree strongly preferred
● Strong financial acumen
● Proven effectiveness with operational excellence
● Ability to make tough decisions
Please direct applications / inquiries to:
Melanie Ginter, Executive Search Consultant – MedBest Recruiting
email@example.com / 727-316-6713
All inquires will be held in strict confidence