Website MedBest Recruiting
MedBest Recruiting, Executive Search Firm, is seeking qualified candidates for an opportunity to join our client, Wesley Woods Senior Living, as their next Chief Financial Officer.
This position will be based in Atlanta, Georgia.
For 61 years, Wesley Woods has cultivated a positive reputation for providing exceptional retirement living experiences and innovative services. Our mission is to create communities of connection, wellbeing and promise.
Wesley Woods is a faith-based, mission focused non-profit organization managing ten communities in eight locations providing housing and services to over 1,800 older adults across North Georgia. The communities include five (5) rent supported communities through the multi-family program of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), three (3) Continuing Care Retirement Communities, one (1) Fee Simple Home community and one (1) conventional market community.
In addition to communities, Wesley Woods has a Foundation whose sole purpose is to raise the philanthropic dollars needed to fund our mission.
The Wesley Woods corporate office is located in Atlanta, Georgia with communities located across north Georgia in Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Blairsville, Newnan and Roswell.
Reporting directly to the CEO of Wesley Woods Senior Living, Inc. (WWSL) the CFO works closely with executive leadership to advance the mission of the organization by providing effective leadership, strategic planning and management of the finance department. Serving as a corporate officer at the pleasure of the board, the CFO serves as the Secretary/Treasurer of the corporations of Wesley Woods and is a non-voting member of the Board of Directors of each affiliate.
- Effectively interfaces with and provides financial consultation to the organization and to owners of all properties managed by Wesley Woods.
- Understand and build upon the culture of a faith-based, mission driven organization to enhance its financial position allowing it to meet its strategic objectives.
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team on all financial, administrative and risk management issues
- Serves as Secretary/Treasurer for all boards within WWSL and its Affiliates at the pleasure of the Board. Attend and participate in the Boards of Directors and Boards Committee meetings.
- Management of the treasury, financing, and accounting functions for all owned and/or managed entities.
- Management of internal and external financial reporting functions for all owned and/or managed entities.
- Management of the annual budgeting process
- Direct supervision of the Financial Service Department ensuring proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions.
- Manages the independent financial audits for all owned and/or managed entities under the direction of the appropriate Audit Committee.
- Manages the preparation and submission of all income tax and/or information returns as required by the Internal Revenue Service and the State of Georgia for Wesley Woods Senior Living, Inc. and Affiliates.
- Recruit, select and hire first-rate talent; provide clear direction on standards, performance objectives, and desired results; establish accountability methods
- Oversees the information systems of WWSL and Affiliates, evaluates IT systems for all managed entities including software and hardware needs.
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures that comply with federal, state, and local statutes and regulations.
- Assures compliance with all payroll tax reporting and payments as required by the Internal Revenue Service and the State of Georgia.
- Assures compliance with bond covenants, HUD financing requirements, and IRS 501(c)(3) requirements.
- Interface with all regulatory agencies related to financial matters for all owned and/or managed entities.
- As the Corporations Secretary, the CFO is the custodian of the organization’s records, maintaining accurate documentation and meeting any legal requirements such as annual filing deadlines. The Secretary is responsible for reviewing and updating documents as necessary and ensuring all documents are safely stored and readily accessible.
- Represent Wesley Woods in its relationships with businesses, civic associations, the Methodist Church and its congregations, government agencies, professional associations, and community partners
- Gathers first-hand feedback from being an active participant throughout the organization
- Effectively manages significant strategic partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to build positive interpersonal relationships
- Support and work in partnership with the CEO in communications and preparing reports for the WWSL and FWW Board of Directors. Represent the organization in board committee meetings as assigned.
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
- Bachelors’ Degree with extensive experience in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CMA, MBA, or advanced degree desirable
- 10 or more years of experience in executive management of accounting or finance role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a complex organization
- Non-Profit experience desirable
- Financial audit and compliance experience desirable.
- HUD financing and tax-exempt bond financing experience desirable
Travel Demands: This position requires up to 25% travel.
Wesley Woods does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
To be considered for the Chief Financial Officer position, contact
Melanie Ginter, Senior Search Consultant, MedBest Recruiting
m: (727) 348-0803 | o: (727) 316-6713